Title I Parent Meeting Letter_20-21
City Charter High School Title I Funding Letter 2020-2021This is a follow-up to a letter we sent in November about City Charter High School receiving Title One funding.
You may recall that this funding is used to provide the following:
- Teachers that provide focused support for reading, writing, and mathematics;
- Paraprofessional assistance for students in reading, writing, mathematics, and technology;
- Tutoring for ninth and tenth grade students;
- Support for parent workshops;
- Transportation to academic field experiences for students; and
- Staff development sessions and professional learning opportunities that enable teachers to further develop their knowledge as learners and strengthen their practice as effective teachers.
As a Title I school with a School-Wide Program, City High annually reviews and approves its School-Wide Parental Involvement Policy, School-Wide Plan, and Professional Development Plan. These are jointly developed by parents, teachers, and administration.
There will be a school-wide parental involvement meeting on Monday, May 24th if you are interested in learning more about the Title I services we provide and would like to have input into the policies and plans listed above. The meeting will start at 9:00 a.m. and will be virtual via Google Meet.
If you are interested and able to attend, please email Cristine Watson-Smith, our Reading Specialist, at email@example.com and she will send you the virtual link. We hope you are able to join us.