Join Our Team for a Rewarding Career
Are you ready for innovation, collaboration, commitment and a truly revolutionary high school environment? Can you handle using a laptop 24/7?
Are you looking for a unique teaching opportunity working with a mentor who is an Educational Leader, 2 hours of planning time each day, a trimester schedule and a chance to work in Pittsburgh’s Gateway Center?
If the answers are yes, then this is your chance to become part of a school designed from the ground up with a focus on student success. From the curriculum to facility to the technology and career focus, it’s built for the 21st century.
City Charter High School, an urban high school located in downtown Pittsburgh, is looking for a Social Worker/School Counselor to join our school community.
The position of School Social Worker is integral to City High’s core value that all students can learn and achieve at a proficient level when given a safe, secure and nurturing environment. Consequently, City High has two full time Social Workers, looking to hire a third, whose mission is to promote, counsel and support lifelong wellness for all students. By bringing counseling and nursing services into the school on a full time basis, City High is dedicated to the emotional, mental and physical health of its students. The role of the City High School Social Worker is to engage with students who are facing challenges in their lives. The goal is to develop individualized strategies that promote wellness and academic achievement. The School Social Worker also provides staff with strategies and support as they work with students.
To be considered for the position, the candidate must have:
- A minimum of a Masters degree in social work or a counselor-related program;
- A minimum of 10 years experience in provision of human services to teens and families;
- A background in working with diverse populations;
- Expertise regarding the impact of trauma and the skills to support at risk students;
- Specific knowledge of community resources relating to the needs of teen youth and their families;
- The ability to excel at collaborating with school staff and the leadership team;
- Experience with running teen groups;
- Knowledge and application of successful counseling strategies with respect to substance abuse is a plus; and
- Pennsylvania Home and School Visitor Certificate.
City High pays a very competitive salary commensurate with demonstrated skills and performance. In addition, City High provides a generous benefit package including health insurance, educational stipend, and participation in a generous 401K package.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Provide support for students with personal, emotional and mental health needs.
- Link students to outside resources as needed.
- Collaborate with faculty, staff and administration.
- Communicate and meet with student families as dictated by circumstances.
- Coordinate with outside providers to maximize the effectiveness of their services.
- Think globally about the needs of students regarding the school.
- Provide support for staff and coordinate EAP services.
- Mediate student issues.
- Monitor and respond to attendance requirements in compliance with school policy.
- Report and address issues of suspected child abuse.
- Assist in the implementation of IEPs.
- Provide expertise on mental health to school personnel.
- Provide group counseling.
- Comply with all HIPAA and FERPA confidentiality requirements.
- Share aggregate data and trends with regard to student health and wellness with school administration and the leadership team.
- Adherence to the McKinney-Vento Assistance Act.
APPLICATION PROCESS:Please send a cover letter and resume to City Charter High School Administration at email@example.com .
Math/Science Teaching Associate
Position includes a full benefits package, personal and sick days, 401K retirement plan and an educational stipend. Please email cover letter and resume to Angie Welch, Education Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support staff is required to: Maintain confidentiality in all matters pertaining to the student outside of the education stakeholders, escort, observe, and assist the student to/from all necessary locations in the school building and on field trips and/or out of building instruction, assist the student with a variety of personal care activities such as, but not limited to: toileting and mobility, assist the student with participation in class and other school activities in accordance with the IEP, accept directives/instructions from the Special Education/General Education Teachers, Related Service Providers, and Administration.
The position includes a salary of $24,000, full benefits package, paid time off, 401K, retirement plan, and an educational stipend. Interested candidates should email resume and cover letter to Josh Hanna at email@example.com.
Maintenance Assistant Job Description
Interested applicants, please email cover letter and resume to Theresa Dillon, Manager of Business Affairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.