Discover what we've known all along—technology is essential to learning.
City High is technology-based and career-focused with innovations that keep kids engaged and learning -- things like teacher “looping”, career mapping and mentored internships. We also provide every student with a FREE laptop and software skills training so they’re ready to learn in-person or virtually.
Prospective 8th & 9th graders, become a well-rounded and prepared graduate.
Why More Parents and Students Are Choosing City High
- Every student receives their own FREE laptop to use 24/7.
- Every student learns résumé writing skills and creates their own personal résumé before exploring an internship.
- Every student can become certified in Microsoft Office and Adobe software.
- Every student has a personal academic advisor who will review their transcripts and GPA long before starting college applications to see where they need to adjust their academic efforts.
- Every student will explore the real world workplace in an internship.
- Every student will have access to for-credit college classes.
- Every student meets one-on-one weekly with their counselor to help them navigate college or scholarship applications, apprenticeship programs, trade school applications, ROTC/ military programs or employment plans.
Students From All Area School Districts Are Welcome!
City Charter High School opens its doors to all area students. You do not need to live in the city of Pittsburgh to attend City High. If you reside in and are registered in any area school district, you are eligible to join our unique high school experience.
Unlike traditional high schools, City Charter High School is a technology-infused high school with a college and career focus. City High offers a more personalized approach to learning with its low student/teacher ratio and “looping” of teachers and students together for all 4 years. Each student gets a FREE laptop and technology classes so they’re prepared to learn in-person or remotely.