Discover what we've known all along—technology is essential to learning.
City High is technology-based and career-focused with innovations that keep kids engaged and learning. Things like teacher “looping”, career mapping and mentored internships. We provide every student with a FREE laptop and software skills training so they’re ready to learn in-person or virtually.
Transferring Application Deadline is January 24th, 2021. City High only accepts students in the 9th and 10th grade.
Be a part of the success!
95% Graduation Rate—Amongst the Highest in the State
91% The Highest Pittsburgh Promise Scholarship Eligibility of all high schools in the Pittsburgh Area
Rigorous Academics— including 4 years of Math, Science, History, English and Information Literacy
Strong Technology Based Curriculum with work-skills training and certifications in Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite Products
FREE Laptop, yours to keep upon graduation and wireless classrooms
Flexible Go-Hybrid and Full Livestream Ready Models with WIFI Hotspots for students who don’t have access at home during
Our teachers LOOP all four years with their students, a key element of our student retention and success
13-Week Mentored Internships
Professional Dress Code
For-Credit college classes
State-of-the-art Fitness Center
Post-High School Planning Team to guide you after graduation
Senior Program & Wing—College format and atmosphere
There is still time to transfer into City High!
Current 9th & 10th Graders you can still be a part of the success—But hurry! You MUST apply by the January 24 deadline to transfer to City High!
City High only accepts transferring students in the 9th and 10th Grade.
Students from all Area School Districts are Welcome!
City Charter High School opens its doors to all area students. You "DO NOT" need to live in the city of Pittsburgh to attend City High. If you reside in and are registered in any area school district, you are eligible to join our unique high school experience.
Unlike traditional high schools, City Charter High School is a technology infused high school with a college and career focus. City High offers a more personalized approach to learning with its low student/teacher ratio and “looping” of teachers and students together all 4 years. Each student gets a FREE laptop and technology classes so they’re prepared to learn in-person or remotely.
Best of all, it is Tuition- Free!
Why More Parents and Students Are Choosing City High
- Every student receives their own FREE laptop to use 24/7.
- Every student learns résumé writing skills and creates their own personal résumé before exploring an internship.
- Every student can become certified in Microsoft Office and Adobe software.
- Every student will review their transcripts and GPA long before starting college applications to see where they need to adjust their academic efforts.
- Every student will explore the real world workplace in a junior-year internship.
- Every student will have access to for-credit college classes.
- Every student meets one-on-one weekly with their counselor to help them navigate college or scholarship applications, apprenticeship programs, trade school applications, ROTC/ military programs or employment plans.