City Charter High School is all about helping you get the most out of your high school experience.
We expose you to traditional areas of learning, but also life skills like Financial Literacy, independent study and teamwork. And we give you the opportunity to learn both in the classroom and outside of the classroom – in the real world, guided by a professional mentor.
at City Charter High School.
City High Culture
Many graduates tell us that their experience at City Charter High School was positive and life-changing. They felt supported, like part of a family. They learned how to be responsible for their own learning… their own success… relying on things like independent study and teamwork, plus skills like discipline, patience, and concentration that come in handy every day.
City Charter High School is unlike any other high school around. It is a place where students are cared for and known as individuals and learners. Relationships matter and City High’s school model is designed to prioritize relationships. Your teachers and your grade-level principal stay with you all four years, so you get to learn their teaching styles and they get to know your learning style. We engage and inspire students to excel both inside the classroom as well as outside. There is a strong emphasis on independent learning, collaboration, connections to the real world, continuous challenges, individual responsibility, and personal academic connections.
We expect a lot and we provide a range of supports to help you reach your full potential.
Life After High School – We’ll Get You There
- Career exploration begins on Day 1
- College and career mapping, individualized for your interest and skillsets
- College and career field tours
- Industry speaker presentations, based on your career interests
- Professional guidance to help review transcripts and set goals for grade requirements
- needed to be accepted into your dream college or trade school
- Weekly career counselor meetings, includes college or trade applications, as well as financial aid review, help and discussions
- A Post-High School Transition Team to help you create and implement your success plan