What You Need to Know about Transportation to City Charter High School
School districts provide transportation for students who live at least two miles but less than 10 miles from City Charter High School. The type of transportation is determined by the home school district. Any district that is further than 10 miles from City Charter High School has the right to refuse transportation.
Every student is provided with transportation according to the rules set by their school district of residence. Parents who would like additional information on transportation must contact their school district of residence.
When school districts issue a PRT/Port Authority Connect Card to students, it is the responsibility of the parent or student to verify the amount on the issued Connect Card.
Districts are NOT required to load the ConnectCard with a full monthly pass and may only load adequate funds for round trips to and from school.
City High will provide SIX single trip Connect Card PER TRIMESTER to students who lose their Connect Card or in the case of a forgotten card.
Report Connect Card Issues (Lost, stolen, not working etc.)
City High manages the following districts’ Connect Cards, although it is the district's decision of whether monetary value, a weekly pass or a monthly pass is placed on the card. In the event of a lost/stolen card, a replacement card will be issued at the cost of $5.00 cash when the new card is received. It may take at least two weeks for a new card to be processed.
- East Allegheny
- Fox Chapel
- Penn Hills
- Pittsburgh Public** (PPS transportation approval procedure below - parent must apply yearly!)
All PPS charter school families must submit an online request form (https://forms.office.com/r/J31UT2jHsR) for service each year in order to receive a transportation assignment/bus pass. City High is not able to submit a transportation request for you. For your convenience, the link to this application can also be found on the City Charter High School website under the “Our Parents - Transportation” section.
A PPS Student ID will be required to complete the request. PPS Student ID numbers can be obtained by reaching out to the Parent Hotline, 412-529-HELP (4357), or firstname.lastname@example.org. The Parent Hotline operates Monday through Friday, 6:30 AM –4:00 PM. CITY HIGH DOES NOT HAVE ACCESS TO PPS STUDENT ID NUMBERS.
Pittsburgh Public School District will not provide transportation to anyone living within a 2-mile radius of City High. Those students will be classified as a walker.
- Avonworth School District: Transportation Department: 412-369-8738 ext. 1502
- Keystone Oaks School District: (District will mail the Connect Card to the parent) - Transportation Department: 412-571-6103 or 412-571-6026
- McKeesport School District: (Parents pick up Connect Card at the school district) - Transportation@mckasd.net
- North Hills School District: (District will mail the Connect Card to the parent) - Transportation Office: 412-318-1024
- Steel Valley School District: District Office: 412-464-3600
- West Mifflin School District: (District will mail the Connect Card to the parent) - Transportation@wmasd.org
- Wilkinsburg School District: (Connect Card must be picked up at District office - Transportation Office: 412-871-2107
- Woodland Hills School District: (District will mail the Connect Card to City Charter) - Transportation Office: 412-731-1300 x5
These school districts decide on a per student basis how students will be transported to City High. Parents/guardians of each student will need to contact the District directly to find out how they will transport the student. Please be advised that City High does not purchase, or replace lost, bus passes for students who reside within the below school districts. Students MUST contact their home district for transportation issues (i.e., lost cards, cards not working, etc.)
- Ambridge School District
- Bethel Park School District
- Brentwood School District
- Chartiers Valley School District
- Clairton City School District
- Montour School District
- New Kensington-Arnold School District
- Northgate School District
- Peters Township School District
- Quaker Valley School District
- Washington Area School District
Students from these districts must provide their own transportation to City High
- Aliquippa School District
- Carlynton School District
- Cornell School District
- Duquesne School District
- Elizabeth Forward School District
- Gateway School District
- Hampton Township School District
- Mt. Lebanon School District
- Plum School District
For transportation questions, please contact Mrs. Susan Gratton, Business Affairs Associate, email@example.com, 412-690-2489 ext. 181.