Please note that an early dismissal is considered "unexcused" until an excuse is turned in.
Please turn in a doctor's note as well if possible.
Early Dismissal Request
Students must register with their school district of residence. If a student and his/her family move into a new school district, the student must register with the new school district and then inform City High of this change. Students who are not registered with a school district cannot be admitted into City High.
Families who change their residency information must inform City High. New proofs of residency must be submitted. Students cannot attend City High if the school does not have the new proofs of residency. Change of address notification forms can be found on the City High webpage and at the main office. This form must be completed and submitted with two (2) proofs of residence for the new address within five (5) days of moving to the new address.
Change of Address Form
Send completed form to email@example.com
Acceptable Use Form
- City High Students may play ONE sport per school year for their home school.
- City High Athletes MUST have a minimum grade of "C" in ALL classes the trimester prior to their sport to be eligible for the early dismissal to participate in an athletic activity at their home school.
- City High Athletes MUST maintain a minimum grade of "C" during their sport season or they will forfeit the privilege of the early dismissal.
- Athletic early dismissals are for ONE trimester only.
- You must contact your home school for information regarding try-outs.
- City High does NOT provide an Activity Bus.
Athletic Intent Form
Pittsburgh Public Schools will issue work permits for part-time employment to Pittsburgh Public Schools students, or students who reside within the Pittsburgh city limits and attend a private or charter school. Non-PPS students should check with their local districts.
Work Permit Information
While the Pittsburgh Public district administrative location is closed due to COVID-19, please complete this form.
You will need:
- A completed form including parent signature
- Photo of your Birth Certificate, Passport or drivers license (proof of birthdate)
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Work Permit Request, Student Name & School.