City Charter High School is a Tuition-FREE Public High School.
Only 180 seats are available for each incoming class. Remember, seats are on a first-come, first-served basis and ONLY completed applications can be processed to hold your place in line.
There are 3 ways to apply to City Charter High School:
- Use our online application
- Download and email a completed application and required documents to Admissions@CityHigh.org
- Print and mail a completed application and required documents to:
City Charter High School
201 Stanwix Street, Suite 100
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
In addition to a completed application, you will need the following documents in order to complete the application process for your student:
- Two proofs of residency (both addresses must match Parent/Guardian’s CURRENT address). Acceptable forms include:
- Driver’s license
- State ID
- Vehicle Registration Card
- Utility Bill
- Mortgage/Lease documents
- Bank/credit card statement
- A copy of your student's birth certificate
- A copy of your student's immunization record
- Legal guardianship/custody documents (if applicable)
Birth Certificate Resources:
If your child’s Birth Certificate is misplaced or lost, you may visit vital records HERE to order a replacement from the STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA.
Please CLICK HERE for all other birth states.
The Transfer Window has closed for the 2020-2021 school year.
Admissions Timeline for the 2021 – 2022 School Year
Class of 2025 - 9th Grade
October 1, 2020 – Sibling Preference window opens. Eighth graders who have a sibling currently attending City High may apply starting October 1, 2020. Siblings do not receive preference after October 31, 2020.
November 1, 2020– Pittsburgh Public School District Resident Preference window opens. 8th graders from the Pittsburgh Public School District may apply starting November 1, 2021.December 1, 2020 – Open Admissions begins. Any eighth graders living in Pennsylvania may apply.
January 2021—July 2021 Open enrollment for the class of 2025 continues untill all 180 seats are filled. Once 180 students have applied, new applications will then be placed on a waiting list in the order in which the complete application documents are received.