Because learning happens inside and outside of the classroom
No two students are alike. So, we make sure to offer a diverse range of interests to keep them motivated and involved – because keeping kids engaged is what keeps them learning.
Cultural field trips throughout all four years expand students’ interests, open new horizons and create bonds with classmates.
Cultural Experiences by Grade Level
- Presque Isle—Kayaking, canoeing, fishing and swimming in Erie PA
- Camp Kon-o-Kwee—Canoeing, rock climbing, and the Trail of Courage obstacle course
- Laurel Caverns—Caverns tour, rappelling
- Niagara Falls—Maid of the Mist and the Cave of Winds, descending 175 feet into Niagara Gorge to the Hurricane Deck
- New York City— Times Square, Ferry Ride past the Statue of Liberty, and a slice of the Big Apple!
- Ohiopyle —Students enjoy rafting, hiking, mountain biking, and rock climbing in one of the largest state parks located in the Laurel Highlands of Pennsylvania
- International Service Learning: Each year, up to 20 City Charter High School junior students are invited to embark on a journey of personal and cultural discovery in a foreign country
- Teen Quest—The Laurel Highlands engage fellow seniors in a rugged outdoor adventure, including horse back rides, archery, paintball, biking, fishing, go-cart driving, outdoor mazes and much more.
Cardio, free weights, fitness machines, power ropes… you name it and City Charter High School’s on-site, state-of-the art fitness center has it. It is ideal for Grade 9 PE classes and for after school workouts. There’s even an after-school fitness club where students and teachers can work out alongside each other.
City Charter High School sponsors a fall dance, semi-formal dance (Snowball) in the winter and a formal dance (Senior Prom) in the spring.
Each school year in the first trimester the Activities Fair takes place to introduce students and their families to the activities and clubs City Charter High School has to offer.
- Art Club/Family Art Night
- English Festival
- Literacy Night
- Little Library
- City High Cooking with Cops
- City High Lifting with Cops
- City High Traffic Stop
- Climbing Club
- National Honor Society
- Study Club
- Spring Musical Cast
- Fitness Club
- Students for the Advancement of Global Entrepreneurship (SAGE)
- Dance Committees
- Inked Truths- Literary and Arts Magazine
- Student Assembly
- Green Thumbs in Gray Spaces
- STEM Club
Students are selected for participation in the Spring Musical through an audition process, held in late January and early February. Participants are held to a high standard of behavior and professional standards. Rehearsals are daily, Monday through Friday until at LEAST 5 PM, but are extended later into the evening as production dates near.
For more information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
FIRST Robotics exists to provide an introduction to science, technology, and business in a uniquely engaging manner to the students of City Charter High School. We are fortunate to have two award-winning robotics teams — FRC Team 1743 and FTC Team 4933, a team of juniors and seniors. They compete in the FIRST Robotics Competition, an international high school contest that challenges teens from all over the world to create a fully functional robot designed to complete specific tasks. Open to students in grades 10 – 12.