Fall OPEN HOUSE & School Tour for prospective 9th Graders
Saturday October 14th, 2023 • 10 am—NOON at City High
201 Stanwix Street, (Downtown) Pittsburgh
8th Graders and Transferring 9th Graders, don’t miss this event!
It’s your chance to learn more about one of the most innovative high schools in Pittsburgh. We built City High 20 years ago from the ground up with one goal... teaching students the skills they need to reach their full potential in the real world. So, get prepared for college, career… and success!
Tour the school, visit classrooms and labs. Talk with teachers and student ambassadors, and APPLY in person!
The application enrollment period for the 2024-2025 9th Grade class (Class of 2028) OPENS OCTOBER 1st!
All prospective students and parents welcome
- Cafeteria where students enjoy Chef Prepared Breakfast and Lunches (And Open House Light Refreshments)
- Senior Wing and Quiet Room
- Science Lab & Math Classroom
- Cultural & Information Literacy Classroom
- State-of-the-art Fitness Center for Cardio, weight training, aerobics classes, fitness machines, power ropes and more
- FREE Laptop when you begin
- Advanced, Honors Classes & For-Credit
- College Classes
- Mentored Advisory and Looping Program
- STEM, Programming and Art Electives
- Student-Run Robotics Team and Student Activities
- 13-Week Mentored Internship
- Required Career, Technology, and Financial Literacy Curriculum
- Post-High School College and Career Planning, and Transition
- Professional Dress Code and Workforce Literacy
Recognition of Success
- 100% of our 2023 graduates applied and were accepted into either a 2-year or 4-year program
- 2nd Highest Pittsburgh Promise Eligible public high school in the City of Pittsburgh
- “A+” Resources & Facilities Rating, a Place for Safe and Supportive Learning—Niche.com
- 94% Average Overall Graduation Rate over the last 4 years—Among the highest graduation rates in the state. With the same inspiring percentage for African-American students.
City High’s 9th Grade 2024-2025
(Class of 2028) Enrollment Application Launches October 1, 2023!
Only 180 seats available. Will you be one of them?
Class of 2027 Transfers (Current 9th Graders) Apply Now and Start in January
Guests will be received from 10:00 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
If you are unable to view the form/form button above please click HERE TO RSVP