Student and Parent Crisis Support
Ms. Ickes and Ms. Zuniga will be available via email. Any student or parent seeking to reach them can email them at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. They will do their best to respond in a timely manner during regular school hours.
If immediate assistance is required for a behavioral health emergency, RESOLVE should be contacted at 1-888- 796-8226. For those of you who are connected with Pressley Ridge, they will be reaching out to students and families directly.
Crisis Centers and Hotlines
- Resolve Crisis Prevention Network 24/7 Call and Walk in Center 333 N. Braddock Ave. Pittsburgh, PA 15208 1-888-796-8226
- Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic 200 Lothrop Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 412-624-1000
- Mercy Behavioral Health 24/7 Walk in Crisis Center 264 South 9th St. Pittsburgh, PA 15203 1-877-637-2924
- National Suicide Prevention and Awareness Hotline 24/7 Crisis Hotline 1-800-273-8255 (TALK)
- The Treatment Advocacy Center National Hopeline 24/7 Crisis Hotline1-800-SUICIDE
- Crisis Text Line: Text START to 741
- The Suicide Prevention Lifeline: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org
- The Jed Foundation: https://www.jedfoundation.org
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention: https://afsp.org
- The Trevor Project: Saving Young LGBTQ Lives: https://www.thetrevorproject.org
- Student Awareness Voices of Education: https://save.org/for-students
- Yellow Ribbon Suicide Prevention Program: https://yellowribbon.org
- SAMHSA: https://www.samhsa.gov/suicide-prevention
- Allegheny County Mental/Behavioral Health: http://allegheny.pa.networkofcare.org/mh/services/subcategory.aspx?tax=RP-1500
Covid-19 Hotline: 888-856-2774
Support & Referral Helpline—Created for Pennsylvanians in Need of Behavioral Health Resources and Referrals During COVID-19 Public Health Crisis.
24/7 Mental Health and Crisis Support line 1-855-284-2494
For all Human Service Needs: Dial 2-1-1 or Vist http://pa211sw.org/covid-19/ Find health and human services for everyday needs and in crisis situations. Search the vast database of services and providers to find the help needed today. Call 211 or Text your zip code to #898-211 to talk with a resource specialist for free. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Calls are free and confidential. Interpreter services are available in over 140 languages.
This page is for Individuals seeking information and help for the following:
- Unemployment Compensation
- Financial Help—Credit Cards, Mortgage or Rent, Utilities
- Food Assistance
- Driver Services
- Tips to Avoid Coronavirus Financial Scams
- Tips for Pet Owners
- Talking to kids about COVID-19
SAMHSA’s National Helpline – 1-800-662-HELP (4357)